If you are a regular visitor to Mansfield Christian Reformed Church or a baptised member, and you're 16+ years old, you are more than welcome to attend our Profession of Faith Class!
Themes Discussed During Profession of Faith Classes (Module M1)
- Lesson 1: Do you know for certain that, if you were to die today, you will go to heaven?
- Lesson 2: Suppose you were to die today, and stand before God and He were to ask you, "Why should I let you into My heaven?" What would you say?
- Lesson 3: God's Grace, Love, Covenant, Image
- Lesson 4: Man's Problem, God's Law
- Lesson 5: A Saviour, Jesus Christ
- Lesson 6: Repentance, Forgiveness, Faith, Commitment, Assurance, Gratitude
- Gospel in a Nutshell: (Johann Eloff sr) . It consists of 30 slides. Study slide 1-5 (lesson 1), 6-10 (lesson 1), 11-15 (lesson 3), 16-20 (lesson 4), 21-25 (lesson 5), 26-30 (lesson 6).
- Spiritual Growth Program: Phase1: (Johann Eloff sr). It consists of 66 Daily Devotions, to be studied during your Quiet Time, at least five days per week. Each Daily Devotion will take you only 15 minutes to do, but it is important that you do them daily and not wait until the day before the Pro Faith class. Study devotion 1-11 (lesson 1), 12-22 (lesson 2), 23-33 (lesson 3), 34-44 (lesson 4), 45-55 (lesson 5), 56-66 (lesson 6).
- A Good Study Bible. See our Bookstore for more information.
- After lessons 1-6, you will have to fill out the Module 1 test form, and submit, in order to be able to continue with Module 2.
Interesting Questions Answered During Profession of Faith Classes (Module M2)
- Lesson 1: Why do we baptize little babies?
- Lesson 2: What is baptism of the Holy Spirit?
- Lesson 3: What do we believe about the gifts of the Holy Spirit?
- Lesson 4: What do we believe about the fruit of the Holy Spirit?
- Lesson 5: Which creeds and doctrinal standards (confessions) do we accept as a summary of the teaching of the Old and New Testaments?
- Lesson 6: Your own request!
- A Selection of Sermons preached in our church (click on the above mentioned questions to find the relevant sermons)
- What We Believe (click on the above mentioned 'creeds and confessions' question, to find our Creeds and Confessions on line)
After lessons 1-6, you will have to fill out the Module 2 test form, and submit, in order to be able to continue with your Profession of Faith process.
Profession of Faith Interviews
After finishing the above, you will get a chance to have a conversation with one of the MCRC elders, regarding your faith in Christ Jesus (see interview dates on calendar!).
Profession of Faith Service
After having had the interview mentioned above, you will get a chance to profess your faith in Christ Jesus at a public worship service (see Profession of Faith Service date on calendar).
I really hope you will enjoy your Profession of Faith experience this year!
Pastor Johann Eloff sr